Ragging is a form of abuse on a fresher or any other student, to any institution. To check the menace of ragging, MIMT, Kota has constituted AntiRagging Squad. The main objectives of the Squad are as follows:
- To aware the students of dehumanizing effect of ragging inherent in its perversity;
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence;
- To promptly and stringently deal with the incidents of ragging brought to our notice; and
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed and unpunished.
As per the order of Supreme Court of India ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
- Punishment to those found guilty
Composition of Anti Ragging Squad (ARS)
||Dr. Nalini Kant Joshi
||Mr. Kamal Kulshreshtha
||Ms. Ramneet Kuar
||Dr Shilpa Sharma
||Mrs. Varsha Yadav
||Mr. Yogesh Sharma
||Mr. Ramakant Gautam
||Mr. Nahush Vyas